While in the interpreting world, one is bound to work with CART professionals. This workshop will generally describe CART services (from a CART provider) and the population served by this type of accomodation. Our worlds overlap at times and this workshop will touch on different ways we can help each other render the message, the situations when captioning is appropriately used, and the future of captioning technology.
- Participants will be able to describe how a steno machine works.
- Participants will be able to describe the different certifications and certification requirements for the field.
- Participants will be able to list the populations served by captioning.
- Participants will be able to identify appropriate interactions when working with a captioner.
- Lesson - What Interpreters Should Know about Captioning - Podcast
- Quiz - What Interpreters Should Know About Captioning Podcast - Post-Test