This purchase is for the CEU Post-Test, not the actual DVD.
You need obtain the DVD prior to completing this Post-Test. DVDs can be purchased separately at winkasl.com . The DVDs are tangible products which will be mailed to you. The CEUs are online.
This DVD demonstrates how to break down idioms by using concepts in American Sign Language instead of transliterating them word for word in English. This DVD will provide ideas on analyzing English idioms and ways of conceptualizing them into ASL.
Participants will be presented the English idiom in conjunction with the idiom used in a sentence and the definition, then they will be challenged to create their own interpretation in comparison to the work presented on the DVD. This DVD will provide the participants with the introductory tools that will enable them to analyze English idioms and discuss the best practices with regard to interpreting English idioms. This will be accomplished by the use of dozens of English idiom samples, some of which have multiple meanings and possible options for interpreted delivery.
- Participants will be able to analyze common English idioms to determine their core meanings.
- Participants will be able to explain the meanings of common English idioms from provided a list.
- Participants will be able to construct an equivalent ASL interpretation of common English idioms from a provided list.
- Participants will be able to articulate a variety of options interpreters have when confronted with an idiom in a sample English text.
- Quiz - Idioms! “Do You See What I’m Saying?” DVD - Post-Test